The junior world ski championships are taking several new measures in accordance with the new guidelines on the corona virus.
On Tuesday evening Narvik Municipality decided to recommend the cancellation of all major indoor events in Narvik. In addition, the municipality wants the junior world ski championships to proceed without spectators.
“School classes and large groups will therefore not be in the mountain today to watch the race. However, those who have travelled here to follow the races can still watch. We recommend that big groups do not stand close together. It is a big mountain and there is enough space,” says the chief municipal medical doctor and the medic in charge at the junior world ski championships, Sverre Håkon Evju.
The junior world ski championships is also taking the following measures:
– The closing ceremony on Saturday is cancelled
– The big closing party on Saturday is cancelled
– The volunteer event with food and drink on Thursday is cancelled
– The prize ceremony on Saturday is moved from the town centre up to the ski run – straight after the race
– The captains’ meeting is expanding its capacity so that the team leaders do not need to stand so close to each other.
The prize ceremony on Thursday will go ahead as planned in the town centre – however we encourage people to watch it live on our stream.